Sunday, August 10, 2014

#StuffWeLove: 'Dior: Strip Club Diaries #1' by Keshia 'Dior' Floyd


A few years ago when I first started blogging I met a blogger out of Miami by the name of Dior. A few months after I had been networking with her I took a trip to Miami for the first time, met up with her and she took very good care of my friend and I. Helped us get a nice hotel, showed us around, even picked us up when we went out. Over dinner one night I had the opportunity to pick her brain and I soon discovered that this woman was much more than a blogger. She was in every sense of the word a "hustler." I was having dinner with one of the top promoters in the city! In the hour that we sat there she changed my whole perspective of strippers and even plastic surgery. The most interesting thing I learned about her is that she is a former dancer (exotic dancer) turned entrepreneur and now she can add author to her resume. 'Dior: Strip Club Diaries #1' is Dior's unfiltered autobiography of her life before, during, and after her time on the stage. I recently got a chance to catch up with the author to talk about her very first book! Check it out.


ITM: Introduce yourself.
KF: I'm Dior- The Author of strip club diaries and CEO of Diors Promotions
ITM: What is #stripclubdiaries about?
KF:  It's about my life experience as a exotic dancer and witnessing the downfall of other exotic dancers. How the baddest bitch in the club can hit rock bottom sometimes because of lack of knowledge, drugs and pimps. It varies. The strip club isn't for every girl with a beautiful face & phat ass.
ITM:  What was the defining moment that made you want to write a book to tell your story?
KF:  When I see there are a lot of young girls right out of high school rushing to strip and there are girls that are secretly dancing in High school [I'm seeing] that it's a trend now and I'm hoping my book can push them in a different direction in life.
ITM:  Was writing a book a therapeutic situation for you or was it hard to relive those intimate moments?
KF:  Writing about my childhood was therapeutic for me because I was still hurting deeply, so it was like 'Wow, I'm finally letting it out.' As a child I was being ignored by my Dad.
ITM:  When you told people you were writing an autobiography were there people that were like "Please don't put me (or certain situations) in the book? If so did you still include them in or did you respect their wishes?
KF:  lol I'm sure a lot of people were scared and upset but this is about my life and I'm the one writing the book I decide. 
ITM: What exactly is your relationship with producer/artist Rico Love? I know he's mentioned you in his songs before.
KF:  Rico love is a great friend of mine, actually he's a inspiration. I met Rico Love when I was stripping & Club Promoting I was trying to transition. One day he stepped to me and said 'I see your movement, but if you want people to take you serious you have to quite stripping.' For that I love him he's always good in my book. That was from a man and a successful man how could I not listen?
ITM:  How is your relationship with your parents now?
KF:  My mother & I always been close but because of her illness we lost that bond but it's always in my heart and mind. My Father and I are cool. We laugh and talk a lot of business. He's always avoided addressing how he let his wife tear us apart, so I keep it basic with him.
ITM: At what point in your life did you decide you were not going to dance anymore? 
KF:  Maybe two or three months after I spoke with Rico.
ITM:  What businesses do you have going on now?
KF:  I officially relocated to The Bahamas. I now own a hair boutique there and started my promotion company which consist of Concerts with Celebrities
ITM: If you could describe #StripClubDiaries in one word, what would it be?
KF: SHOCKING 

Shocking is definitely a great word! I started reading this book on Friday and I promise I cannot put it down! 'Dior: Strip Club Diaries #1' is available in e-book format on Amazon.com. For those of you that are in the Apple product family like myself you can buy the book on Amazon and download the free Kindle Reader app on your device to be able to view it just like iBooks so don't worry if you don't have a Kindle or Android phone. Have you read the book? Let me know your thoughts!

-@InTheMixxer

Follow Dior On Twitter @Iam_Dior
On Instagram @IAmDior_

No comments:

Post a Comment