Monday, April 21, 2014

MONDAY MOTIVATION: TOP 5 TRAINERS & TRANSFORMATIONS

*Cues Fabolous x Thim Slick*
I don't know about you but over the holidays I ate like a mad woman. I was so happy to be back in my own home and in my own kitchen that I literally cooked everything that came to my mind. Cooking may be good for the soul... but not so much for my waist line. I was in the best shape of my life last summer and in January I made the concious decision to get my body back. But here is what I learned, being fit has to be a lifestyle change not something temporary. I was so upset with myself that I had made so much progress and in only 2 months i was back at square one. Well if you are or were in my shoes, here are my Top 5 Trainers and Transformations that still keep me motivated through my lifestyle change.

#5 @PicturePeggy - Miami, FL
I first came across this young lady's page by way of a clothing line (@kennedikouture) that I follow on Instagram that she is heavily involved with. She offers a meal plan and a fitness regiment that caters to working moms like herself. Doesn't she look fab?! Click Here to check out her products.

#4 @MsTisch - Atlanta, GA
If you are in the Atlanta area this is the trainer for you! All of her clients are transforming. I have a personal friend that trains with her and she started seeing results the very first week! Just following her on Instagram makes you want to hit the gym! The primary example I have been following, however, is clothing designer DeLecia Cordon (@msdecordon). Although DeLecia has always had an amazing body she has taken it to the next level by training with Tisch. I know a lot of times we can get concerned with getting bored from doing the same thing over and over again. I have never seen the same workout twice on her page. She really challenges her clients and you can see it in their transformation pics. The next time I'm in the A I absolutely have to get at least one session in with her.
#3 @The_MikeEly- Virginia Beach, Va
Although I haven't trained with Mike Lambert I have seen him transform a lot of people's lives and that is no understatement. A friend of mine has always said she wanted a booty, a few weeks ago he had her squatting in heels, and when I saw her at church yesterday BAM!!! She's got a booty now!  All jokes aside she looks amazing and from what she tells me she really enjoys her sessions with him because he pushes her and he really cares about her results. A couple of his clients are well known DJs and radio personalities in the area and with that lifestyle comes a lot of drinking, eating late, and lack of sleep but he's got then all looking healthy.


#2 @BrixTV - NewYork, NY
*cues Brix x Hecky Naw (my favorite track off his first mixtape)* OMG OMG OMG!!!! Now listen. Lets flash back about three years (I know right? Its been that long). Three years ago if you remember I was on an online radio show called The Angel of Underground Show with Divita757. I had a segment called "In The Mixx with InTheMixxer" where I would interview small business owners and indie artists. One of the first interviews I did for that segment was a rapper from NYC named Brix and one question I asked him was "How did you get the name Brix?" His response was "I've always been a big guy, my family used to tell me I was built like a tone of bricks."
WELL NOT ANYMORE! So last year Brix took his health into his own hands and started training with our #3 pick Mike Lambert and lost a whopping 100 POUNDS in 7 months!!!! Do you realize 100 pounds is an entire person?! The awesome part about this story is that he made a complete lifestyle change. He's super disciplined in his nutrition and even turns the simplests tasks into workouts. He's even been taking the steps to become a personal trainer himself! I'll def be on the lookout for the #BrixFitness brand in the near future! 
#1 @Uptown_FitnessLLC - Chesapeake, Va
WARNING: I'm biased and I don't care. As I've embarked upon my own fitness journey I have enlisted the help of the trainers over at Uptown Fitness. What makes these trainers different is that their goal was to make health and fitness affordable for everyone. Not everyone can afford a gym membership and not everyone can afford a personal trainer. Uptown fitness offers a monthly bootcamp (with small groups so you still get the same attention you would in a personal training session) 3 times a week that I attend and I also have one one-on-one session with Renaldo (@Uptown_Naldo...who will start providing weekly workouts for INTHEMIXXER.COM). Working with them has been an awesome experience so far. Sometimes I feel like they care more about my results than I do lol. I've been pushed to the point where I've cried in front of them but I've never been able to quit. That kind of love for what they do is what earned them the #1 spot this week.

1 comment:

  1. It's not easy being #1. I have to consistently come up with new exercise routines to prevent my clients from hitting a plateau

    ReplyDelete